Join Cheryl Ladd for an in-depth discussion in this video Ethical considerations, part of Marketing Research Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Former Supreme Court Justice, Potter Stewart, once said,…"Ethics is knowing the difference between…what you have a right to do and what is right to do."…The ability to conduct market research…depends on the willingness of the public to participate.…Currently, people are getting more and more…protective of their privacy,…which makes it more difficult to recruit respondents.…Bad research experiences that violate…the trust of participants can only make it worse.…This is all the more reason why researchers…must abide by a code of ethics that protects participants.…
So let's talk about a few of the key ethical considerations…concerning respondents.…First is that it is critical to preserve…the anonymity of and the privacy of respondents.…This means that personal information about the respondents,…including full name, phone number, email addresses,…or any other identifying piece of information…should not be revealed to the client.…In addition to the researcher,…anyone observing the research or utilizing the data…
The course also explores how marketing research evolves throughout a product lifecycle and identifies possible stumbling blocks and ethical considerations when performing market research.
- Understanding market search
- Determining the research approach
- Understanding the types of research: qualitative to quantitative
- Developing questions
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data
- Preparing reports
- Identifying potential issues in marketing research