In this video, learn to balance work on portfolio management with ongoing business initiatives. Recognize that portfolio management rollout is a project that needs to be slotted into work alongside everything else. Learn to prioritize based on business impact and set realistic expectations that build on early successes.
- Because you can't implement every aspect…of Portfolio Management in one go,…you need to prioritize the areas…where you're going to start.…The good news is this prioritization…is already an element of Portfolio Management.…It ties into both capacity and capability planning…and also project selection.…So effectively, even before you're formally…implementing Portfolio Management,…you're improving your skills in key portfolio areas.…The raw material for your prioritization work…will come from the assessment of the current state…of Portfolio Management-related work in your business.…
That will have given you a list of processes,…approaches and methods that either need to be improved,…or that you aren't doing and you…have the ability to do something about.…Those items must also help improve business performance.…But, that list will likely still contain…more work that you can do with the resources available…in the first phase of your Portfolio Management rollout.…That means you need to prioritize those items.…The first step is to establish your capacity for work.…
- Identify how to connect the strategy with delivery in portfolio management.
- Explain the process of managing alignment.
- Define a portfolio lifecycle.
- Explore business casing and analysis in portfolio management.
- Examine capacity and capability planning in portfolio management.
- Break down selection and prioritization in portfolio management.
- Recognize the elements of managing change in portfolio management.