Explore the advantages and disadvantages of three high-level measures: customer satisfaction (CSAT), net promoter score (NPS), and customer effort score. Discuss how to choose an overall measure that's best for your organization, and how to avoid common pitfalls when using a key performance indicator.
- Many successful leaders establish an overall measure…of customer satisfaction to gauge progress.…I concur that's a wise move, but it's important to do so…with some cautions in mind.…Let's turn to that topic here.…There are three common survey methods you can choose from…when establishing an overall customer satisfaction score…including customer satisfaction, Net Promoter Score,…and customer effort.…The idea is to have an easy way for anyone to see…how things are going.…
To use a sports metaphor, the actions that your team takes…represents what's happening on the field.…The metric provides the score.…Surveys that measure customer satisfaction, or CSAT,…as it's often abbreviated, are one common approach.…They're based on variations of the question…how satisfied are you?…Or how would you rate your experience?…CSAT's not a measure of customer loyalty,…which is what we'd really love to know.…In fact, only behavior can truly gauge loyalty.…
But a big advantage of CSAT is that it's so common…you may already have years' worth of data…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why leadership is important
- Understanding customer expectations
- Establishing KPIs
- Developing a service strategy
- Improving the service process
- Leveraging technology
- Budgeting secrets
- Traits of effective leaders