Building the right project team is a key to success. In this video learn the basics of team composition so you can set the team up to succeed.
- Once, I was in a position…where I was given an assignment…but I didn't have all the tools I needed…to complete the job successfully.…I felt like I'd been set up to fail.…So when you're ready to set up your scrum team…I hope you're planning to do everything…you can to help them succeed.…Scrum is all about daily collaboration and communication.…Absolutely anything you can do…to make that easier for your team…will pay big dividends down the road.…That's why, if it's possible,…co-locate your team members in the same room,…aisle or space to make that collaboration more effective.…
In many companies that's simply not possible…due to building or distance barriers.…That's okay.…You can still be successful with scrum.…You'll just have to work a bit harder…to ensure sufficient collaboration can take place.…Some things you can try are video conferencing,…dedicated chat rooms and conferencing phones…in all your locations.…These can easily help your team stay in touch.…Now, let's talk a bit about team composition.…You're first priority is to ensure…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the scrum approach to project success
- Solving project problems with scrum
- Establishing your scrum team
- Setting the vision for your project
- Writing user stories
- Setting boundaries for success
- Getting stories done in scrum
- Assessing the team