Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Establish urgency or scarcity, part of Influencing Others.
…The fourth method, is establish urgency or scarcity.…Opportunities with clear, near term limits are typically more motivating.…For example, Colleen Szot wrote mega…successful infomercials and shattered a sales…record that stood for almost 20 years on the Home Shopping Channel.…She added extra urgency, by changing slightly but powerfully,…the standard infomercial tagline, operators are waiting, please call now.…To this, if operators are busy, please call again.…
The implication was lots of people will be…calling, and you don't want to miss the opportunity.…When tested, that little change resulted in a huge increase in calls and sales.…Here's what to do.…First, make it clear that now is the time to act.…Explain why they'll be too late if they wait.…Second, it's not only about time.…If applicable, explain why resources, the…information you provide, or supplies are limited.…Third and finally, research shows that loss…is the most powerful form of scarcity,…so clarify what they will lose, or miss, if they fail to take action.…
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mindset and Habits for Influence
2. Influence Techniques
The power of gratitude1m 29s
1. What the Best Influencers Do Before They Influence
2. How to Choose the Best Influence Methods for Your Situation
3. How to Make Your Influence Welcomed and Wanted
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.