An effective mission statement communicates the purpose of your team. Learn how to get your team to collaborate on creating the mission statement to create a culture of inclusion.
- An effective mission statement clearly, and concisely,…communicates the purpose for your team's existence.…It motivates people to take action…and guides their decisions.…It's your team's source of inspiration,…and lets others know what you're team's trying to achieve.…Having all team members on board with the team's purpose…is a key factor in successful team building.…A mission statement is about intention,…and guides decision making.…It crystallizes your target and is a simple way…to see if you are on the correct path.…
Mission statements answer two simple questions:…what is the team going to do?…And: how's it going to do it?…For example, Google's mission is to organize…the world's information and make it universally…accessible and useful.…What's their purpose?…To make information universally available.…How do they do that?…By organizing that information.…So we've looked at what a mission statement is,…and why it's important.…Here are some suggestions on creating one for your team.…
When possible, have the team collaborate…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying your leadership style
- Assessing your leadership readiness
- Understanding the stages of team development
- Working with different types of teams
- Establishing team mission and goals
- Evaluating team performance
- Managing a successful team meeting
- Creating a team action plan