Join Mike Figliuolo for an in-depth discussion in this video Envisioning the future, part of Strategic Planning Foundations.
- Another element of setting direction for your organization…is articulating a vision.…A vision should provide a clear picture of where you…want to be as an organization in three to five years.…Why three to five years?…Anything less than three ends up being too tactical…and people don't focus on generating big ideas.…Anything further out than five years,…there's too much ambiguity in the market.…It's hard to see that far into the future…because the world can change so much.…
So defining what your organization is going to look like…three to five years from now can provide…a very clear target for people to shoot for.…When you build your vision statement,…first, articulate what value your organization creates.…Let people know, here's why we exist…and here's how our customers benefit.…Your vision should be ambitious but realistic.…Ambitious because it'll push the organization…to innovate and be aggressive and push hard.…
However, you need to make sure it's realistic…so they don't look at it from day one and just give up.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Avoiding strategic planning risks
- Assessing the market
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Defining your direction, mission, and vision
- Determining core competencies
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities
- Assessing your initiatives
- Organizing for success
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Before You Begin Planning
2. Defining the Strategic Environment
3. Setting Your Strategic Direction
4. Determining How You'll Compete
5. Evaluating and Prioritizing Opportunities
6. Assessing Your Initiative Portfolio
Using a 2x2 matrix2m 56s
7. Organizing for Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.