This video provides guidance on questions such as: How many standards should you have? Are there alternatives to quality standards in guiding behavior? How do you ensure that your quality standards really count and are effective? Explore ways to minimize the quantity of standards you'll need; for example, through improving systems and processes. Ensure those you have make a difference in guiding behavior and delivering high-quality service.
- How many quality standards should you have?…If some are good, are more better?…How do you ensure that your quality standards really count?…Are there alternatives to quality standards…in guiding behavior?…Let's explore these, and related questions here.…The customer expectations worksheet in the exercise files…identifies the 10 expectations customers have…of service interactions,…as well as those things related to the tangibles…when service is delivered in person.…Identifying what your customers expect is a prerequisite…to establishing effective quality standards.…
As you assess expectations and identify potential…supporting standards,…there are a number of things to consider.…One is, meeting expectations requires a combination…of people, processes, and technologies.…Consider courtesy, which may appear to be a simple,…straightforward expectation.…Hire and train for it, right?…Ensure your customer service representatives…understand what courtesy means.…That it's a priority in every interaction.…But courtesy is also technology-dependent.…
Watch and learn how to establish quality standards in customer service, and improve loyalty, revenue, customer satisfaction, and employee engagement. Brad Cleveland divides the lessons into three chapters, covering quality and customer service definitions, quality standards for individuals, and quality standards for the overall organization. Along the way, he shows how to implement a process, measure progress, and effectively coach employees.
- Recall three sources of input when developing quality standards.
- Recognize recommended practices used to set quality standards.
- Summarize three elements to keep in mind when developing standards for individuals.
- Determine the meaning of calibration.
- Identify the characteristics that define four aspects of customer service.
- Identify the most important factor observed in organizations with effective quality standards.