Learn how to establish metrics that are SMART—specific, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely. Learn to engage support that drives the right behaviors.
- Have you ever had a metric that drives the wrong behavior?…A bus company in a city with a well established…international and cosmopolitan flair,…had a reputation for too often running late.…Leaders decided to give drivers incentives…for ending their routes on time.…Several months later, passenger satisfaction scores…were even worse, and they quickly learned why.…When their buses fell behind schedule,…some drivers would literally skip stops…leaving people waiting.…
Passengers onboard were horrified to see customers…running down the block, sometimes with bags and kids in tow…trying to flag the bus.…Metrics need to encourage the right things…at the right times.…Valid metrics are indicators…that you're either on or off track.…The acronym SMART, S-M-A-R-T, is a popular framework…that represents five necessary attributes…of a valid metric.…First of all, a valid metric must be specific.…What does it mean?…How will it be calculated?…Everybody needs to understand it.…
Let's say you're deciding what on time means for an airline.…
This course covers, in a step-by-step fashion, why metrics are important, which metrics matter the most, how to interpret results, and examples of how successful organizations leverage metrics to improve decisions and performance. Whether your service operation includes face-to-face services, contact centers, social media, self-service, or any combination, this course provides practical know-how, real-life examples, and guidance for implementing and using the right metrics and establishing meaningful goals.
- Identifying customer expectations
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Essential metrics for the service operation
- Identifying alternatives for measuring engagement
- Engaging support that drives the right behaviors
- Key areas of focus for individuals
- Assessing service interactions
- Calibration and coaching
- Clarifying responsibilities