Learn how your stakeholders are your partners and how to keep them involved in the agile process.
- Why do we do projects?…Job security?…Well, yes, there is that, but beyond that?…You might be thinking business value…and you're right, partially.…Really, projects are done for people and by people.…Your stakeholders are people…and groups of people, like departments,…that are either working on your project…or receiving your work product.…In traditional project management,…there's a whole segment of work…around stakeholder management.…
Agile doesn't really subscribe to the concept…of stakeholders as something you manage,…as in you have to control it.…Agile prefers to engage and collaborate…with these individuals.…The very first exercise you'll need to do is…to identify all your stakeholders.…This effort isn't really something…you'd do in a big meeting,…it's really the product owner, scrum master, sponsor,…and the team sitting down for 30 minutes or so…and brainstorming about who will be affected…by the project.…
Some key questions for identification are,…who or what is providing source information…that could impact what you have to work with?…
PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management: Comparing Agile Toolswith Doug Rose2h 58m Intermediate
Agile Project Management with Microsoft Projectwith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Intermediate
1. Agile Principles and Mindset
2. Value-Driven Delivery
Prioritize your backlog4m 42s
3. Stakeholder Engagement
4. Planning Your Agile Project
5. Team Performance
6. Troubleshooting Your Agile Project
7. Continuous Improvement
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.