Work is a team sport, and what's better than being on a winning team? In this video, Don Phin shares with you a simple exercise you can use with your team to help support each other, improve productivity, and improve engagement levels.
- Have you ever been on a fully engaged team?…Whether it was a school project…or winning sports team,…those times in our life…when we experience a true sense of team,…they're hard to forget.…And you now what?…Work is a team sport.…Most employees today are committed to their career,…their work, and their team.…Belonging to a team fulfills an important emotional need,…especially where those team members learn how…to support each other and win together.…
Joe Torre was the manager of the New York Yankees…for 12 seasons.…Under his leadership,…the team won the World Series four times.…When asked about the cause of their winning ways,…Torre said,…"Competing at the highest level is not about winning.…"It's about preparation, courage, understanding,…"and nurturing your people, and heart.…"Winning is the result."…As Torre knew, nobody succeeds on a team on their own.…
Let me share a simple exercise you can conduct…with your team members to help them…better support each other.…Use a large whiteboard or flip chart…with sticky back pages to record your results,…
- Exercising discretionary effort
- Attracting engaged employees
- Assessing the fit of employees
- Making onboarding more engaging
- Learning from new employees
- Provide opportunities for career growth
- Clarifying objectives
- Measuring engagement using surveys
- Being present for employees
- Driving engagement with fun
Skill Level Advanced
Human Resources: Running Company Onboardingwith Jeff Toister42m 49s Intermediate
Creating a Culture of Learningwith Britt Andreatta1h 13m Intermediate
1. Engagement Begins with You
2. The Engaged Employee
3. Turning Engagement into Productivity
4. Engagement Is an Experience
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.