Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Energize and empower people, part of Executive Leadership.
- CEO Christine Day says one of her…most important priorities is ensuring…the emotional vitality of the organization.…It was crucial to her success as an executive at Starbucks,…and later how she drove tremendous growth…while in charge of the innovative apparel company Lululemon.…Highly successful executives like Day…know you consistently need to…energize and empower your people,…and you need to do both.…Energizing people without empowering them…can leave them frustrated.…Empowering them without energizing them…can leave them overwhelmed, stuck in place.…
Intuit founder and former CEO, Billionaire Scott Cook…says this lesson transformed his success as a leader.…He said, "Nothing good happens with the product team,…"unless they're excited.…"Even if I need to change the way…"they're approaching an issue, I need to leave them…"more excited about what they're doing,…"than when the meeting began".…Here's how to do it.…One, give them something to get energized about.…Lead by example.…If you don't come across to others as fully engaged…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.