Learn how to end phone calls on an upbeat and friendly note. This technique also helps you move conversations to a close faster.
- The last time I called my cellphone company,…the representative ended the call with,…well Myra, if there's nothing else,…all that's left is for me to wish you a great afternoon.…I loved the way she wrapped up our call.…Her closure was upbeat and surprising.…Your last few seconds on the interaction…with a customer are your last chance to create rapport.…So the way you end a phone call is important.…So let's break down how to do it right.…
Begin the closure process…by giving your customer any next steps.…Sharing the next steps lets the customer know…the call is almost over and this helps you…to close the call quickly.…Here's what it might sound like.…Alright, Lauren.…I've processed your return.…We'll go ahead and ship your replacement…and you should have it within four to seven business days.…You can check the status of your return…by logging into our website.…And then you need to end with a fond farewell.…
After you shared any next steps,…you move right into the final closure.…This is where you focus on ending on a high note.…
- Identify how to build a rapport with customers through acknowledging concern.
- Explore the rapport building technique of yielding to customers.
- Break down how speaking in complete sentences during a customer service call helps to build rapport.
- Examine the ways to build rapport through a customer chat interaction.
- Identify the best ways to use rapport to disarm angry customers.