Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Encourage commitments and consistency, part of Influencing Others.
…The ninth method is encourage commitments and consistency.…People generally want to be seen as…honoring their commitments, and as behaving consistently.…Being someone that can be counted on…instead of flip flopping, or being hypocritical.…Commitments are most powerful when one, they're public, made it a…way that others hear and will know if they violate the commitment.…Two.…They're active.…They take an action in conjunction with the…commitment such as putting an item on their calendar.…Three, they're voluntary.…
They don't feel forced into it.…Here's a great example.…A restaurant was having problems with no shows,…people making reservations and then not showing up.…The no show rate was 30%.…Then they made a change in how they…took reservations to make them public, active, and voluntary.…They used to say, if you have problems, please give us a call.…They changed that slightly but significantly to a question.…Will you please give us a call if you can't honor the reservation?…Then they paused.…Which is important to give them space to say yes.…
- Name a feeling that might inhibit you from inspiration-based influence.
- Explain how to most appropriately balance short-term and long-term results.
- Assess why “pains and gains” is a powerful motivator.
- List the steps of the advice influence technique.
- Identify the first thing you do when using social proof.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Mindset and Habits for Influence
2. Influence Techniques
The power of gratitude1m 29s
1. What the Best Influencers Do Before They Influence
2. How to Choose the Best Influence Methods for Your Situation
3. How to Make Your Influence Welcomed and Wanted
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.