Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Employing visual management, part of Managing for Results.
- In the pursuit of productivity, it's amazing…how busy we've allowed ourselves to become.…We work more hours, we multitask,…and we make ourselves available 24/7…thanks to smartphones and modern technology.…Aside from high levels of stress, this has resulted…in large numbers of people who lack focus.…When you become overwhelmed by work,…it's hard to clearly separate what's…most important from work that's less urgent.…One part of the solution is visual management.…
The process of making our current status…transparent in numerical or visual form to everyone.…Think in terms of key metrics or…performance indicators that are…the most vital to your team's success.…For example, imagine a visual depiction…of sales across different products.…Now, the measures you use will vary…based on the type of work you do,…but the approach is used, and can be effective,…in any work environment, including manufacturing,…or any type of office environment.…And it works at different levels, too, whether the…executive suite, or frontline groups in the trenches.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify multiple strategies for managing with results in mind.
- Explore the strengths and weaknesses of visual management.
- Recognize the key factors in building a transparent meritocracy.
- Identify methods for tuning and optimizing management processes to improve efficiency.
- Review the challenges of rapid decision making.
- List the essential elements of a post-hoc analysis.