Explore the connection between employee engagement and customer satisfaction and business results. Identify alternatives for measuring engagement.
- Jack Welch, former CEO of GE,…once concluded there are only three measurements…that tell you nearly everything you need to know…about your organization's overall performance:…employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and cash flow.…I believe he's largely right.…Let's take a look at the next of the seven aspects…of customer service, employee engagement.…Employee engagement should be a key metric…in all service environments.…Research shows that employee engagement influences,…even drives customer satisfaction and loyalty.…
Retention, productivity, quality,…they're all strongly and positively correlated…with employee engagement.…There is also a powerful connection…between employee engagement and business results.…Research by Gallup reveals a stunning 240% boost…in performance-related business outcomes…when both customers and employees are engaged.…While there's no standard method of calculation…for employee satisfaction or engagement,…you have some alternatives.…One is you can conduct internal surveys…or even informal focus groups on employee satisfaction.…
This course covers, in a step-by-step fashion, why metrics are important, which metrics matter the most, how to interpret results, and examples of how successful organizations leverage metrics to improve decisions and performance. Whether your service operation includes face-to-face services, contact centers, social media, self-service, or any combination, this course provides practical know-how, real-life examples, and guidance for implementing and using the right metrics and establishing meaningful goals.
- Identifying customer expectations
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Essential metrics for the service operation
- Identifying alternatives for measuring engagement
- Engaging support that drives the right behaviors
- Key areas of focus for individuals
- Assessing service interactions
- Calibration and coaching
- Clarifying responsibilities