Learn about the importance of delivering excellent retail customer service for the employee. Learn the motivations for delivering excellent customer service and how to apply some techniques.
- Think about when you've accomplished…anything worthwhile in your life.…I'll bet you likely had a compelling why to do it.…If you're going to take your retail customer service skills…to the next level, you also need to understand why.…So let's look at how delivering…excellent customer service can really impact your life.…First, delivering excellent retail…customer service affects your paycheck.…When you do this right, you'll help attract…more customers into the business.…
Let's say you work for a clothing store.…When you offer great service when helping someone shop,…they'll spend more money.…They'll come back over and over again…and leave you five-star reviews online.…They'll tell their friends, they'll tell their family…and coworkers, and help to continue to grow your business.…By the way, did you know it's seven times more expensive…to attract a new customer through marketing…than to keep a current customer and get free referrals?…With more money coming into the business,…there's now more potential for you to get a raise.…
In this course, learn techniques to deal with upset customers, and show empathy with active listening. Instructor and customer service expert David Brownlee—the author of Rock Star Customer Service—also provides etiquette tips to ensure quality service at every point of interaction: from the moment customers walk in the door to keeping them happy while they're on hold.
- Why it matters to deliver good service
- Creating a positive attitude
- Delivering a good first impression
- Dealing with upset customers
- How to listen
- Retail etiquette, including phone etiquette