Join Anil Gupta for an in-depth discussion in this video Emerging markets and frugal innovation, part of Global Strategy.
- As recently as the early 1990s…most Western multinationals regarded…emerging markets as rounding errors…in their estimates of global market opportunities.…Those days are gone.…Since 2000 emerging markets have been growing…at nearly three times the pace of developed markets.…They now account for over 35% of the world's GDP.…
Even assuming a slowdown by 2025 emerging markets…will likely make up more than half of the world's GDP.…By then China and India will also rank…among the world's three largest economies…in addition to the United States.…Notwithstanding the high and growing importance…of the big emerging markets such as China,…India, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Nigeria…and South Africa, they're not easy to conquer.…
Of the many factors that make emerging markets…different from developed ones, the biggest…is difference in per capita incomes…and thus in buying power.…Big China, the world's largest emerging market,…by overall GDP China is already the world's…second largest economy, however given its…large population by per capita income…
This course is aimed at helping managers learn how to maximize the benefits while minimizing the costs and risks associated with global expansion. Anil K. Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Strategy and Globalization at The University of Maryland's Smith School, and one of the world's leading experts on global strategy, outlines the logic of global strategy and the questions you need to address in order to globalize your company's market presence and leverage global resources.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why go global?
- Prioritizing across the world's markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Frugal innovation
- Leveraging global resources
- Cultivating a global mindset