Recruiting is a sales profession that provides you with many opportunities to negotiate. Learn negotiating skills that can make the difference from a job offer closing and an offer falling apart. Understand how fine tuning your ability to negotiate will help you become a more effective Recruiter.
- In the recruiting profession you're going to…have endless opportunities for you to negotiate…with both your candidates as well as your hiring authority.…And your ability to effectively negotiate can make…the difference from a job offer actually being accepted…or an offer falling apart.…And so this is going to play…a major role throughout your career…from your initial prospecting with clients and candidates…throughout the job offer acceptance.…And so, that's why it's important to set yourself up…as an effective negotiator very early in the process…with both, your candidates and your clients.…
And so, when you're setting yourself up as a negotiator…you want to ask questions that influence the outcome,…and you want to manipulate the results.…Now, when I use the word manipulate you might think,…"Okay, that's negative, I'm not a manipulator."…We have an ethical and a moral obligation…to always do things that are in the best interest…of our candidates and our hiring authorities,…but sometimes people have problems making decisions.…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.