Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Effective meeting rules, part of New Manager Foundations (2013).
Even if you know when to call a meeting and who to invite, that doesn't mean…you'll necessarily have a productive meeting.…Without a clear plan and decent facilitation skills, it is very easy for highly…skilled professionals to gather for an hour or more, yet accomplish nothing.…Every great meeting operates within certain parameters defined by a few…thoughtful mutually agreed upon rules.…After initial social interaction cease and the meeting begins, it's useful to…briefly note any relevant meeting rules.…There is no one set of perfect meeting rules, however, here are several common…ideas for you to consider.…
First, make rule number one, the need for all members to arrive on time and prepared.…Meetings have a palpable and emotional mood.…Nothing spoils the mood in a meeting quicker than participants who show up…late and unprepared.…Next, clarify the meeting boundaries.…Start by stating the goal for the meeting and any general comments about the…scope on the topics to be addressed.…This rule reduces the likelihood of the dreaded Scope Creep.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Clarifying performance expectations
- Feeding your learning curve
- Building rapport with your team
- Explaining your decision-making style
- Increasing your authenticity
- Communicating proactively
- Knowing when to have a meeting and who should attend
- Coping successfully with your transition<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.