The Recruiting Profession is a relationship building business. Learn how to establish rapport and earn the respect and trust of hiring authorities which will enhance your ability to place the talent you represent. Also learn how to successfully deliver on the top seven hiring authority expectations.
- Have you ever found yourself in a situation…that if you wanted something done right,…you felt you had to do it yourself?…This is the last attitude you want…your hiring authorities to have.…You never want them to feel that they can get hires…more efficiently than if they utilize your services.…The way to prove that to hiring authorities…is to establish trust based on rapport,…because hiring authorities expect…certain things from recruiters.…It starts out with honesty and it's sad that we have to say…that this is something that's not just a given,…but they want to make sure that we're really giving them…honest overviews of a person's credentials and experience.…
They want us to know a candidate's level of interest,…and if you use on a scale of one to ten,…it takes the mystery out of that,…where now you know exactly how interested your candidate is…in the specific opportunity.…They expect you to verify credentials.…I've actually seen a resume or CV that was 100% wrong.…There wasn't one valid thing on the entire resume,…
Barb outlines recruiting best practices, such as how to embrace attitudes and expectations for success, how to best use your time, and how to overcome common objections from employers and candidates. She also addresses the change in recruiting from a mostly verbal and face-to-face communication into the new era of data-driven social and mobile connections. In addition, she provides guidance on how to establish rapport and trust with hiring authorities and attract top talent, as well as techniques for negotiating, closing, and retaining clients and candidates for the long term.
- Develop the right attitude and expectations for recruiting.
- Use different recruiting methods, including websites and social media.
- Differentiate yourself to employers by positioning your services as a solution.
- Identify a company's hiring needs.
- Determine how to attract top talent.
- Build rapport and trust with candidates.
- Identify the right metrics to track your success.