Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Dynamic duo: Prep and debrief, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- Imagine for a moment that you forgot…your best friend's birthday,…so you decided to buy them some chocolate,…and so you run to a store…and you buy $100 box of chocolate…and you throw it in a bag,…and you meet them and say happy birthday,…and give them the gift,…which is pictured on the left-hand side.…Now, the other option could be,…you could buy a $50 box of chocolate,…but take time to put it in a gift bag,…put tissue paper in the gift bag,…and write this wonderful card about the value…of your friendship.…I want you to think for a moment,…what gift appears more valuable?…The box of chocolate in the bag that's worth $100,…or the $50 box of chocolate that's packaged properly,…because that's what a prep and debrief is.…
It's the process of packaging the candidates…and the clients you're going to work with,…you know, basically when you prep a candidate,…they're going to appear to have more value,…because what your prep does is it gives them…a competitive advantage over everybody else…they're competing for with the job,…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers