Join Rudolph Rosenberg for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing more customers to you, part of Entrepreneurship: Bootstrapping Your Business.
- Once you have your first customer,…you need to get more coming through the door.…With the power of the Internet for example,…everyone can now have access to millions of people…with very little means.…A good website and a good online strategy…is all you need to be operational.…Every day there are millions of people who are going online…to either buy something,…or get information about something that they want to buy.…Just participating to those discussions,…you’ll be drawing potential customers to your website…or to your street address, if that’s what you want.…
There are today very cheap solutions to get a website online…such as WordPress, which you can get configured…by a professional, and even learn how to do it yourself.…There are great courses in the lynda.com library…on that topic.…A good website coupled with a good SEO strategy…or search engine optimization,…and you’ll see people by the hundreds coming to your website…within a few weeks.…Another great way to get customers…is through articles in online or off-line magazines.…
He shows why beginning with the end is important: framing the venture by anticipating your exit strategy. He explores key resource-planning factors as well as the competencies and considerations required to fund and grow a bootstrapped business. The course then details how to manage the startup and evaluate it realistically to determine whether to stay the course or pull the plug. Finally, viewers will learn how to validate the business-plan assumptions effectively to determine viability and growth trajectory.
- Summarize the five pillars of bootstrapping.
- Determine which type of office space would be most beneficial for a given business.
- Explain the concept of linearizing expenditures.
- Identify the reason why making sales quickly is important to bootstrapping.
- Recall strategies for attracting new customers.
- Recognize the advantages of working in short cycles.
- Explain the importance of having a work-life balance.