Join Whitney Johnson for an in-depth discussion in this video Documenting processes, part of Entrepreneurship Foundations.
- As a start-up, everything you do is…in essence an experiment.…Frequently, it is a messy process of trial and error.…With some things working well, others poorly.…As you start to figure things out,…and are ready to scale your business to it's ideal size,…it's essential that you transition…from messy trial and error to well oiled machine.…Scaling is simpler when a business is running efficiently.…Efficiency frees up money, time and resources…that can then be plowed back in to grow your business.…
The best way to become efficient is to…codify or document your processes.…Outlining the critical tasks…that take place at your company.…A process document explains how you do what you do.…It eliminates confusion amongst your employees…and as you articulate your current practices,…you will unearth flaws.…This will allow you to improve.…As you codify your processes,…you'll want to start with just one process,…rather than the entire workings of the organization.…
And I'd recommend starting with the process…that's in a reasonably good working order.…
- Cite the steps that can help you find an unmet need.
- Differentiate between a business and a hobby.
- Recognize how to decide between an online business and a brick and mortar business.
- Describe how to protect your intellectual property.
- Explain the best practices for hiring the right people.
- Recall the importance of tapping into networks of expertise.
- Cite the best practices for building a business website.
- Summarize the best metrics to use for your online business.
Skill Level Intermediate
Management Foundations (2013)with Britt Andreatta2h 9m Intermediate
1. Finding Your Big Idea
2. Starting Your Business
3. Building a Team
4. Marketing Your Business
5. Scaling Your Business
6. Funding Growth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.