Well-managed documents are essential for compliance purposes. In this video, learn HRIS system capability for document and records management.
- Going away are the days of steel file cabinets.…Most organizations have either gone paperless…or are on their way there.…One of the greatest benefits of an HRIS is the fact…you'll do a better job of managing personnel records.…First, you can limit the access to them…by using Access Permissions.…These permissions are like a lock and key…that limit manager access to only the files and data…that they need in order to do their jobs.…
Keeping them away from employee information…they should not see will help avoid HIPAA privacy violations…and possible discrimination claims.…Some HRIS programs can also help manage document retention…and destruction schedules including placing those schedules…on hold if litigation occurs.…With others, you'll have to customize the program…to send scheduled email alerts once you've entered…a document into the system.…
HRIS programs will allow employee access to documents…like the employee handbook, their personnel file,…authorization forms, training manuals, videos, and more.…Most all programs allow employees to sign documents…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance