What are the roles that need to be covered in a team? Ideas, criticism, support, and more. It starts with observation.
- So what are the roles that need to be covered in a team?…Well, you'd probably immediately think…that you'll need a leader, an ideas person,…maybe someone to do the detail.…Then it gets a bit harder to think about.…There are a number of theories…about ways that team members contribute to a team,…and if you combine them I think you get a list…something like the one I'm going to give you in a moment.…I've divided it into four.…I divide it into management functions,…someone on the team needs to organize things,…think longer term, etcetera,…people functions, obviously, it's a team,…creativity functions, if the team…has got to achieve something new then these are important,…and finally, doing the work roles,…someone's got to get on and actually do that work.…
And by the way you can download a list…of the following team functions…from the exercise files that go with this course.…So we've got four areas, and within each of the areas…there are four team roles that I've identified.…So, within the management area,…there are actually four roles that need…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting the job done
- Dividing up the work
- Cultivating communication
- Handling conflict
- Delivering reliably
- Playing more than one role
- Using your strengths and dealing with your weaknesses
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.