Join Todd Dewett for an in-depth discussion in this video Discussing stretch opportunities, part of Performance Review Foundations.
…A stretch role is exactly what it sounds like.…A work opportunity that pushes a person…past their current responsibilities and skill sets.…They're very often of a temporary nature, months long, or sometimes a year, or more.…There are response to the fact that professional growth,…by definition, requires people to periodically do new things.…They can be addressed whenever you find the right person and the right project.…But the performance…review discussion often provides a great time to kick off these conversations.…
Today at most companies stretch roles are used for…high-potential employees who are being considered for future executive roles.…Though the concept is not exclusive to executives.…Stretch assignments can work for many levels of…professionals as a means of stimulating new development.…However, understand the risks.…You're actively and knowingly putting a person in…a place where they have not yet been successful.…They'll face a new learning curve.…And failure does happen.…That's why you're wise to do two things to reduce the risks.…
- Describe why performance reviews are important.
- Explain why a manager might use informal feedback.
- Recognize when it’s important to have a witness present during an evaluation.
- Cite the benefits of performance improvement plans.
- Identify the primary goal of managing performance throughout the year.
- Describe when it’s time to discuss possible role changes for an employee.
- Explain the 360 review process.
- Cite ways to set expectations for a performance review meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Employee Performance Problems (2013)with Todd Dewett1h 53m Intermediate
1. Overview of Performance Management
2. Setting Goals with Employees
3. Gathering Feedback on Performance
4. Writing the Review
5. Delivering the Review
6. Taking Next Steps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.