Understand the role stakeholders play in refining your story. See how to involve them in the process to get their buy-in to your recommendation
- Up to this point in the structure thought process…it's been all your own work,…you haven't shared anything with any other stakeholders.…This is where it gets interesting,…you're about to discuss and refine your story.…You're going to start sharing your perspective…with other people and getting their feedback…on your question, your core idea,…your architecture and your story.…Your story makes sense to you because you have…all the context behind it.…
When you share it with other people,…they're going to have additional perspectives,…they're going to have gaps in their knowledge…and questions you're going to need to answer…to make that story nice and tight.…Recognize as you start discussing…and refining your story with other people,…your story and even your architecture will change.…Not might change, will change.…That's part of this process is getting that input…early in the process,…and understanding what their concerns are…and what their gaps in knowledge are,…so when you ultimately present your final recommendation…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.