Join Barbara Bruno for an in-depth discussion in this video Differentiate yourself from other recruiters, part of Strategies for External Recruiters.
- View Offline
- When you enter the external recruiting profession,…one of the questions you're going to ask yourself…is how can I differentiate myself from other recruiters,…especially ones that have more experience than I do?…Like, why should a client and candidate…really utilize my services?…Well, one thing that the competitors don't have,…and the key differentiator, is you.…It's your personality, it's your commitment.…In reality, most products are perceived the same,…most companies are perceived the same,…most salespeople are perceived the same,…and unless the clients and candidates…have a different perception of you,…they're going to view you as the same…as any other recruiter out there,…and again 80% of their impression…is based on your attitude and your performance,…so you want to make sure that their perception…is very positive and that you do bring…something special to the table,…and that's your track record,…that's your ability to really show them results.…
Candidates and clients basically look…for somebody that they can depend on,…
As a recruiter, having a great relationship with your clients is critical for your financial success. Barbara explains how to build a profitable client base, differentiate yourself from your competition, and how to effectively market candidates to your clients.
To be successful with any client, you also need to build your talent network—and know where to find talent, how to screen and interview candidates, and how to overcome objections from candidates or clients. Lastly, Barbara outlines best practices for a lifetime of success in recruiting.
- Finding career opportunities in recruiting
- Dealing with clients, candidates, and competitors
- Building a profitable client base
- Differentiating yourself from other recruiters
- Attracting candidates through referrals and networking
- Overcoming objections from clients and candidates
- Recruiting temporary and contract workers