Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing your team, part of Leadership Foundations (2013).
One of the ways to motivate and engage your people is to focus on their…professional development. This is much more than the annual…performance review. This is an ongoing process that supports…the growth and development of your people in all the competencies.…Affiliated with self awareness, building relationships, business acumen and…organizational strategy. To effectively cultivate another person's…potential, you must get to know him or her on a deeper and more holistic level.…Particularly you must discover six core components of each person.…In the exercise files, I've shared some questions to guide this exploration.…
Number one, what are your employees strengths and weaknesses in the four…areas? Knowing this will help you identify…specific opportunities to harness their strengths and develop weaknesses.…Let's say your employee has a weakness with financial planning.…Knowing that this could harm his potential for future promotions, you could arrange…for him to take some classes. As well as be mentored by someone with…
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.