Learn how to develop your personal credibility as a speaker—and quickly establish that you're a person who's worth listening to.
- Listen to this it takes your audience only a few seconds to form an opinion about you. You need to establish credibility right away before you even say a single word. When you do your audience is more likely to listen to what you have to say. In this course I'll show you how to establish credibility as a speaker or a presenter. I'll use lessons I've learned from a long career as a business communication coach. I'm Laura Bergells and today I'm going to show you how to establish your credibility in the first 30 seconds of your speech or presentation.
You don't have time to waste so let's jump right in and start learning how to make a great first impression.
- Explain the benefits of making eye contact.
- Identify how to earn credibility with your audience.
- List ways to introduce yourself to an audience.
- Define "reading the room".
- Use body language effectively.
- Describe how to handle difficult audiences.