Join Britt Andreatta for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing political acumen, part of Leadership Fundamentals.
Another key leadership skill is developing political acumen.…This is not about being political or being a master manipulator.…Acumen means accuracy and keenness of judgement or insight, so political acumen…is the ability to accurately perceive and judge the formal and informal influences…that shape decision making. It's about correctly reading your contexts…and being able to make sound decisions based on what is really going on.…Every organization has a level of subtext, the undercurrent of things that are…happening behind or underneath the daily machinations of the organization.…
Transparent organizations have a higher match between what is said and what is…done, while others are a complex web of invisible factors.…No matter your context, your effectiveness as a leader will be enhanced by developing…your political acumen. You can do this by looking at the two P's.…Power and priorities. First, you want to identify who has power…in the organization. Power comes in many forms.…As I go through them, think about who in your organization holds the following…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is leadership, and when are you leading?
- Mapping your leadership competencies
- Dealing with changing scope and stakes
- Motivating and engaging others
- Increasing team performance
- Developing political acumen
- Creating a culture of trust and integrity
- Developing resilience<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.