Join Lisa Gates for an in-depth discussion in this video Developing a coaching culture, part of Coaching and Developing Employees (2013).
Stripped down to the essence, coaching is about shifting mindsets that lead to a …change in behavior. At its best, coaching also creates a …environment in which positive behavioral changes lead to improvement in team and …organizational results. Here's what's curious. …Despite the fact that coaching is in wide use across the corporate landscape, it's …often viewed as a remedial tool to correct poor performance. …But good coaching is about creating a high-performance culture, not managing a …low-performance one. So let's say you leave this course, …committed to implementing a coaching program, you're intent on sharing your …experience and results with leadership and the hopes of generating company wide adoption.…
That's fantastic. A natural aptitude goes a long way. …But I encourage you to take this further. Coaching is a management skill that …requires devoted energy to improve. So, consider enrolling in a formal …coaching training program. Training and certification will give you …the confidence and credibility to make your case. …
- Establish a coaching relationship with your employees.
- Demonstrate the cornerstones of coaching.
- List examples of "PowerTalk Practice".
- Describe how to challenge your employees for growth.
- Identify how to manage accountability and give future-focused feedback.
- Align professional goals with company objectives.
- Design stretch opportunities.