Learn why you need to establish a formal follow-up process, and how it will improve your recruiting efforts and help establish you as an expert in your niche.
- Recruiting is like dating.…She's thinking, "Is he going to call?"…And he's thinking, "I don't want to call too soon."…Like every good relationship, recruiting takes work.…You have to communicate regularly…or the other person will lose interest and give up.…In recruiting, you need to establish…a formal follow-up process.…A follow-up process is the routine series of contacts…that you have with your candidates and hiring managers.…
And a formal follow-up process will improve your recruiting…efforts and your ability to fill more requisitions.…Start by evaluating how often you reach out…before, during and after you place a candidate.…How often do you connect with the candidates you've placed?…How often do you ask your hiring manager for their feedback?…Or do you place someone in a job…and then focus on your next requisition…leaving the other person to wonder why you disappeared?…Reach out to hiring managers after each step…of your marketing process…and after they provide you with a requisition.…
Every Friday afternoon, connect with your clients…
- Recognize three ways in which Google Alerts can help you research targeted companies.
- List three strategies used to identify potential hiring needs.
- Determine a candidate’s needs and expectations by examining information about their previous employer.
- Name the five objectives of effective recruiting presentations.
- Explain the process of preparing a candidate for interview.