Join John Ullmen for an in-depth discussion in this video Develop others and build a talent pipeline, part of Executive Leadership.
- Every business is the people business.…Larry Bossidy, former CEO of Honeywell…and Allied Signals said, "Nothing we do is more…"important than hiring and developing people.…"At the end of the day you bet…on people, not strategies."…CEOs and thought leaders know this,…and it's backed by research.…A recent global leadership forecast compiling…the assessments of leading research groups…and universities from around the world…determined that two of the top five critical…success skills are, one, identifying and developing…talent, and two, coaching and developing others.…
Studies also consistently find that the most…talented people tend to gravitate to where…they can grow the most.…They have the power to choose because…organizations are fighting to get them.…The best people go where they can grow.…The war for talent is real, and over time…the organizations who get the best people…will develop and implement the best strategies…and win in the marketplace.…To sustain success over time executive leaders…need to take a disciplined strategic approach…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding the four disciplines of executive leadership
- Thinking strategically
- Creating shared purpose
- Inspiring confidence—even under pressure
- Motivating and communicating
- Establishing priorities and focus
- Leading change
- Developing yourself<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.