Learn how to develop a shared understanding of what success looks like for the client. Learn how to identify metrics, measures of progress, and indicators—both quantitative and qualitative—that reflect that your solution is working for the client.
- A client of mine in the industrial parts business…had a sales rep named Calvin,…who was selling large V-clips,…or what's sometimes called alligator clips,…to an automotive manufacturing facility.…The factory used these clips to hang…and to group automotive parts on…an electrostatic paint line.…Through consultation with his client,…Calvin learned that while the clips were small…both in size and cost,…they broke easily and every time one broke,…it would stop the line, resulting in a loss of productivity…and increased overtime costs for staffing.…
Calvin was then able to provide a higher quality V-clip…that solved the problem.…Now during the sales process,…Calvin didn't simply show up to be a purveyor of V-clips.…Due in part to his solution,…the client was able to fix a problem…that cost 1.2 million dollars an hour.…Helping a client solve a problem,…or capitalize on an opportunity…has far greater value than just selling stuff.…To achieve this kind of value…in your solution sales process, you must engage the customer…
Leadership and revenue growth expert Scott Edinger explains what selling a solution really means and why it is vital when selling large deals or sophisticated products and services. He shows how to develop the solution-selling mindset, cultivate peer-level relationships with customers, identify real objectives, and create value. By understanding how to implement the solution-selling methodology, you can create natural and pressure-less sales interactions that accelerate revenue growth and improve customer loyalty.
- The solution-selling mindset
- Developing a buyer focus
- Creating value in the sales process
- Identifying needs, opportunities, and problems
- Leading the conversation
- Addressing concerns
- Moving forward with joint commitments
- Planning for success