Learn tips for detecting risk for harassment in an organization.
- One of the services I provide in my business…is executive coaching but I don't coach just any executive.…I specialize in coaching high-risk leaders…whose behavior is high-risk for their employers.…I get brought in when the leader has finally done something…so egregious that it scared the employer,…the worry of a lawsuit finally inspired the employer…to put a stop to the behavior…or the leader had a hostile work environment complaint…filed against them…and although unsubstantiated through the investigation,…the employer decided it was too risky not to do something…but why wait for the behavior to become such a high risk?…There's plenty of signs along the way…before it gets to that point.…
So let's talk about detecting high-risk employees…before they cross the line.…You can detect risk by looking at seemingly minor things.…Remember the spectrum from earlier in the course?…At the far left was inappropriate behavior…such as commenting that the receptionist is hot…or saying things like…these men need to stop acting like women.…
- Explain why you should always think of sexual harassment in terms of power.
- Recognize how to justify discipline without abusing the rights of the person you are disciplining.
- Recall how to address the values of your workplace culture without challenging or creating negativity.
- Identify the benefits of paying attention to the body language of coworkers.
- Name the default position companies should take on managers dating subordinates.