- Recognize the problems a company may encounter if it does not achieve growth.
- Identify high-potential opportunities for growth.
- Identify new customers for existing products.
- Use assessment screens to choose the best opportunity.
- Evaluate partnerships and acquisitions as mechanisms to fuel growth.
- Break down the components of an effective and growth-minded leadership team.
Skill Level Intermediate
- The moment you launch a company or a new product within an existing company, you start facing two big questions. How do you compete successfully and survive? And how do you grow from a seedling to become a towering giant? As the battle for market share becomes bloodier, it is almost impossible to do so without sacrificing profitability. Companies need to avoid falling into any of a number of potholes that can derail a successful evolution from the old to the new business. My name is Anil Gupta. I'm a professor of strategy, entrepreneurship and globalization at the University of Maryland. For the last 25 years, I have researched hundreds of companies and consulted with companies all over the world helping them develop and rethink their strategies to compete, to grow and to go global. In this course, I want to share with you the key ideas for designing growth strategies. In the segments that follow, we look at the strategic logic that companies can utilize to solve the puzzle of how to keep growing profitably irrespective of whether they are small or large. Come, join me on this fascinating journey.