Learn the value of providing several options for reporting, and gain ideas on how to "advertise" these various channels to ensure they are used.
- Well, positive culture is a huge defense…against sexual harassment.…I can't say that it will absolutely eradicate…any and all negative behaviors in the workplace.…When they do happen, it's important for people…to have options in terms of who they can tell.…Many times, HR takes complaints.…However, I have also met many employees…who told me they would never report anything to HR…because HR is clearly on the leader's side.…If you're in HR, here's something to think about.…True harassment prevention means a culture of trust.…
How can you be sure your employees trust you?…Managers also take complaints and may have also witnessed…some of the behaviors first hand,…so will have some background on the employee's concern.…But I've also met many employees who told me,…I would never report anything to my manager…because I don't trust him.…Something to think about if you're a manager,…how can you be sure your employees trust you?…Or, it might be that the manager…is the person acting inappropriately.…Of course, the employee needs to feel comfortable…
- Explain why you should always think of sexual harassment in terms of power.
- Recognize how to justify discipline without abusing the rights of the person you are disciplining.
- Recall how to address the values of your workplace culture without challenging or creating negativity.
- Identify the benefits of paying attention to the body language of coworkers.
- Name the default position companies should take on managers dating subordinates.