Learn how to deliver projects on time, and keep promises. It starts with being organised, and calm under pressure.
- The second duty of a good team member…is to be reliable, to do what you've promised.…So this means being on time yourself…to meetings and appointments…and also delivering work on time.…And that's going to require being organized.…In a classic team situations like a baseball…or a football match, the action happens…over a period of just an hour or two…with nothing else going on at the same time.…So it's relatively easy to remember…what you're supposed to do and to make sure…that you get your contribution right…but work teams have to keep track…of lots of overlapping jobs and maybe you're in a number…of different teams all at the same time.…
So being organized is vital if you're not going to…let down any of your teams.…So you must get your time management systems right,…which means writing everything down,…keeping lists, always replying promptly to all messages…and keeping all appointments in a diary…that you look at every day.…Another aspect of reliability is emotional stability.…The ideal team member would always be the same,…
- Identify how to work effectively as a team without management.
- Develop skills for better communication and trust.
- Determine how to handle conflict on a team.
- Assess how to deliver results reliably.
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.