- Define feedback.
- Identify characteristics of effective feedback.
- Review the three primary types of feedback.
- Determine the right level of feedback.
- List the steps of the feedback process.
- Observe employee behavior to deliver feedback.
Skill Level Intermediate
- As a leader, one of the most common and important areas of communication is delivering feedback. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most poorly executed aspects of communication. Feedback is a great example of something that can really help when it's done correctly, but can also do harm when not done correctly. In this course, we're gonna make sure you get it right. We'll start by discussing the characteristics of good feedback, as well as different types of feedback. Next, we'll cover the role of feedback at work and the need to build a culture of candor to support the use of feedback.
I'll walk you through the entire feedback process, including several observation and delivery techniques and I'll even cover a few difficult situations, such as delivering critical feedback and dealing with negative responses. Great communication is the glue that holds a team together. And the proper use of feedback plays a huge role. When you master the use of feedback, you'll have discovered one of the best ways to maximize the talent on your team. Good luck.