Learn why delegation is important in a growing business to save time, money and create a stronger product. Understand what types of tasks are appropriate for delegating (backups, filing, scanning, data entry, design, communication pieces, beginning structure of projects for final review) and ways to delegate effectively.
- Delegation is one of the best ways…to consistently free up time while still maintaining…day to day functions of the business.…The trouble is, if done wrong,…delegating can cost more time than it frees up.…In this movie, we'll talk about some of the dos and don'ts…when delegating and how to set up a successful system.…As a business owner or manager,…we commonly feel the need to maintain control…of many of our business tasks.…From reporting to website design,…it's common to try to learn and do it all yourself.…
There are several reasons why doing it all yourself…can cost you and your business more than it saves you.…By delegating, you place more knowledgeable people…in the positions to complete tasks.…For example, you could design your own website,…but if you're not a web professional,…it will take you days of study to learn the skills needed…to build the most basic site.…In addition to the lost time, you'll likely…have a substandard product.…You may not know all of the little details in S-E-O…or user experience design that will make…
She discusses ways to simplify communication with autoresponders and response templates, and manage event and project communications, customer service, social media, and email marketing endeavors.
The course then explores outsourcing and delegation—including criteria for determining what can and should be outsourced. Finally, Suzanna explores top apps for simplifying and automating aspects of a business, including transcription and paper management.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Integrating business software for data efficiency
- Improving data analysis
- Simplifying communication with templates
- Automating customer service, social media, and email marketing
- Delegating and outsourcing tasks
- Finding the best software and apps to increase productivity