Learn how work gets done differently because of digital, from collaboration platforms to agile work processes. Understand the crucial role that HR plays in redefining the workplace.
- Now let's turn our attention to…how the workplace is changing.…And this is very important for HR…because, in the context of how work is changing,…HR needs to understand that so that it can do its best job…to support the learning, the development,…the needs that employees have inside of this new workplace.…So if work is changing, HR is going to have to change, too.…And there are three factors that are changing the workplace.…First of all, technology,…artificial intelligence, robotics,…are challenging the way that work is actually done.…
The fact that we even need people to do work.…So if we don't have people,…or people's lives are being changed…because their jobs are being taken away by technology,…HR needs to understand how that is impacting the workplace.…The second area is around this concept…of being always on.…What are the expectations of when people are able to work,…where they work, when they work, how they work.…Mobile technologies, laptops,…these are all enabling people to work…and have great flexibility in their lives,…
- Recognize why today’s employees choose to work for an organization.
- Recall the importance of separating feedback from compensation decisions.
- Explain how HR should view the process of digital transformation.
- Identify how beliefs are translated into everyday actions.
- Name the lifeblood of HR.