Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining quality, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- Quality, such a loaded word.…It's supposed to signify excellence,…but really it doesn't mean much. Why?…Well, you see, there is no magic…formula that measures quality.…Quality is in the eye of the beholder.…It's why we like different movies,…different cars, it's why we dress differently.…Look, my guess is that no one goes out to the store…to buy low-quality clothes, people buy clothes they like.…Let's say someone is gonna buy a shirt.…What might be some of the things…this customer might use to judge the quality of the shirt?…Style, the way it looks.…
Comfort, the way it feels on your skin.…Materials, the materials used to make it.…Durability, the number of times…it can be worn without falling apart.…Brand name, perhaps it was the designer label…that attracted the buyer.…Price, for some, the price tag…might be a signal of quality.…And even then, it's not that simple.…Some folks might look great in a new designer shirt…and they love telling people where they bought it,…who made it, and somehow they manage to tell you…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Procurementwith Bob McGannon1h 24m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Qualitywith Bob McGannon1h 22m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.