Who is your customer on this journey? You might have more than one type of customer, so in this video you'll learn how to hone in and define that one customer who this map is for.
- Let me tell you about just a few…of my recent purchases on Amazon.…Yes, that Amazon.…My hard to find lotion, 128 gigabyte SD card,…travel-size hairspray, organic tea,…prinker ink, boys batting gloves and socks.…Why am I sharing the random nature of my shopping habits?…Because as random as this seems…you can probably tell a bit about me.…You can probably tell that I'm particular…about certain brands of personal care items,…like my very specific lotion and travel-size hairspray.…
You can also tell I use technology…and I'm a parent to active boys.…My journey as a customer with Amazon…might be driven by very different needs than your journey…and that's why defining your customer is an important step…in creating a map.…If you have customer segments or personas already, great,…it's time to pick the person you're building this map for.…If you don't have that…it's time to commit to the idea of a customer persona.…There are two ways you can do this.…
With or without data.…If you don't have data available…another way to think of a persona…
- Explain the characteristics of a customer journey map.
- Identify the group of people best suited to validate the findings of a customer journey map and to get additional input.
- Summarize the importance of touchpoints when creating a customer journey map.
- List the steps in the process of building a customer journey map.
- Recognize examples of “moments of truth.”