Learn how to break down work in an agile fashion and reach consensus on acceptance criteria.
- Value-driven delivery is the defining principle of Agile.…Pure and simple, if you're not focused and organized…around this, you're not agile.…So what does value-driven delivery really mean then?…Well, all projects are started to add value to a business.…Maybe it's a new product or an enhancement…to an existing one.…Value, then, is defined as the product or deliverable.…Ultimately, the product will be observably more useful…to your customer after you make that change.…
When we say that Agile is focused on value-driven delivery,…we're really filtering every activity with the question…what will result in the most value for our customer?…The easiest way to do this is using…a technique we call vertical slicing.…Think of it this way.…If you're building a website,…you can build it horizontally or vertically.…If you do it horizontally,…you'll build the whole user interface first.…Then you'd build the logic and services…that make the website functional.…
If you do it vertically,…you'll build a small bit of the user interface…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. PMI, PMP, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Agile principles and the agile mindset
- Defining valuable deliverables
- Engaging your stakeholders
- Collaborating across stakeholders
- Planning agile projects
- Troubleshooting projects
- Continuous improvement