What's your weakness and how will you overcome it? Learn how to avoid or get cover or self develop in order to conquer weakness and be a better team member.
- Knowing your weaknesses is just as important…as knowing your strengths, in fact, maybe more important.…To know and accept that you are, say,…bad at detail or irritable when tired…or too optimistic, whatever.…And if everybody else in the team…knows about these things as well as you knowing,…that's really useful.…Once you know your weaknesses,…there are three options for you.…Number one is to avoid situations…where you'd need to use that skill.…If you don't like detail or are impatient,…avoid the stock check meeting.…
And if you're not good chatting with strangers…then avoid being on the exhibition stand.…Option number two is to get cover…from colleagues in the team.…Maybe there are others who love sorting out…those stock check details…or love chatting to potential customers…on the exhibition stand.…Really, this is the essence of a team.…And maybe you can do the same for them…and help out in areas that they don't like…but which you find easy.…The third of option for your weakness is self-development.…
Or is it?…Some people say it's a waste of time…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Getting the job done
- Dividing up the work
- Cultivating communication
- Handling conflict
- Delivering reliably
- Playing more than one role
- Using your strengths and dealing with your weaknesses
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
1. The Importance of Teams
2. What Makes a Great Team?
3. Your Responsibility to Other Team Members
4. Becoming a Better Team Member
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.