How comfortable do you feel with rapid change in market dynamics? Learn about the reality of emerging market strategy and the rapid pace of change inherent to them.
- In 2000, Chrysler's then president, Jim Holden,…traveled to India to study the market.…According to a published account, upon returning to Detroit,…he summarized his visit with the following remark,…"Call me when India has built some roads".…Holden didn't anticipate that the Indian auto market…would become five times as large over the next 10 years.…India's car sales shot up…from a little over half a million units in 2000…to nearly three million in 2010,…making it the world's sixth largest car market.…
Not surprisingly, Chrysler is notable…for its near absence from the Indian market today.…Until just a few years ago,…logos were essential to sell luxury products in China.…Consumers didn't see the point…in splurging on designer products…if people couldn't see that they had the money to do so.…Plastering Louis Vuitton's LV or Gucci's G…all over the product was critical for these companies…to earn their premium prices.…
It's different today, affluent Chinese have shopped…in New York, London, Milan, and Paris,…they have seen what Americans and Europeans buy and use.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Which emerging markets should you enter? How do you enter the targeted market? Do you partner with another company, or go it alone? How should you deal with the regulatory constraints that you might face? Anil and Haiyan address these questions, and more. They also outline some of the issues that arise once you have entered an emerging market, such as how to win out over local competitors, market to the bottom of the pyramid, and deal with the speed of fast-changing market dynamics.
- How emerging markets differ from developed markets
- Designing entry strategies
- Identifying the right beachhead
- Competing and succeeding within the market
- Cultivating and leveraging the local ecosystem
- Dealing with rapid changes in market dynamics
- Leveraging China and India as global platforms
- Building the leadership for emerging markets