Join Charlene Li for an in-depth discussion in this video Data, data, data everywhere, part of HR and Digital Transformation.
- Data is one of those things that people try…to get away from because they go into HR.…And yet data, I think, is the lifeblood of HR…because you make decisions based on data.…Data about candidates, datas about promotion,…data about how people are working.…So you have to be good at data.…The problem is we're drowning in data.…We're drowning in the wrong types of data,…and we can't make sense of it.…I think about it as we have so much data,…but we have so little insight.…
So how do we move from data gathering to insight creation…for the HR function?…And I think that's why it's important for HR…to think about data not from a numbers perspective,…but from an insights perspective.…What do you need to know?…What information, insights, and data do you need to know…in order to make decisions quickly,…to make decisions better?…It's asking the right questions,…and then making sure people gather the data for you.…
'Cause I can guarantee you, if you're listening to this…you're probably not a data analyst.…There may be a few, but you're probably not a data analyst…
- Recognize why today’s employees choose to work for an organization.
- Recall the importance of separating feedback from compensation decisions.
- Explain how HR should view the process of digital transformation.
- Identify how beliefs are translated into everyday actions.
- Name the lifeblood of HR.