Join Eddie Davila for an in-depth discussion in this video Customers and waiting lines, part of Operations Management Foundations.
- While waiting lines are a symbol of our belief in equality…all waiting lines are not created equal.…Let's think about some of the ways customers vary.…Some customers expect employees to be extremely friendly…and attentive.…Others just want to get what they came for and leave.…Some customers are placing short, simple orders.…Others place large, elaborate orders.…Some customers come to our business…on a very predictable schedule.…
Others do not.…Some customers come to the front of the line prepared,…they know what they want,…they have their credit cards ready,…they don't ask a lot of questions.…On the other hand,…some customers are confused, unprepared and chatty.…As a manager some of the most important considerations…in managing waiting lines are related to understanding…and managing customers.…What are the expected arrival rates?…Should we expect steady customer arrivals…or will there be certain times when demand is high…and other times when demand is very low?…What are the different types of customers we'll see?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Understanding operations management
- Making key inventory decisions
- Balancing holding costs and ordering costs
- Choosing a production strategy and facility layout
- Managing waiting-line systems
- Defining quality and improving quality
- Managing business processes
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Operations
2. Managing Inventory
3. Managing Production of Products and Services
4. Managing Waiting Lines
5. Managing Quality
6. Operations at the Office
Wrap up2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.